- January 28, 2017
- Posted by: Phil Block
- Category: Consulting, News, SCORE
How to Start a Consulting Business is a business training workshop presented by SCORE SE Wisconsin. As a SCORE Certified Mentor and member of the SE Wisconsin chapter’s Education team, I developed and present this workshop. It was most recently delivered to an audience of small business entrepreneurs on January 28, 2017. Mark King, President of Outward Focus, Inc. co-facilitates the program.
Many talented and experienced professionals find their careers cut short by corporate restructuring and downsizing. Some leave the military or non-profit organizations with marketable skills but face employment challenges. And others simply yearn to be their own boss and want the freedom of self-employment. Are you considering the option of becoming an independent consultant? If so, this seminar will show you what it takes to get started in consulting.
The seminar provides an overview of these aspects of starting a consulting business:
- Planning: Services, Markets, Finances, Business Plan
- Formation: Name, Legal Entity, Insurance, Sales Taxes, EINs
- Marketing: Message, Channels, Collateral
- Sales: Prospecting, The Question, Investment, Agreements
- Delivery: Who, Where, How
- Measurement: Tracking, Billing and Collection, Reporting and Taxes
In a breakout session, experienced SCORE mentors led discussions aimed at validating each participant’s business idea.
SCORE Southeast Wisconsin
SCORE SE Wisconsin, Chapter 28, was founded in 1965 and currently has over 75 volunteer members whose primary goal is to counsel their clients toward achieving success whether they are operating within a start-up business or an existing business.