- February 10, 2024
- Posted by: Phil Block
- Category: Uncategorized
What better way to celebrate National Flannel Day than to go to Flannelpalooza in the Village of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin? On a sunny 40° Saturday in February, my partner and I donned our buffalo plaid flannel shirts and and took in the festivities.
The National Today website explains,
National Flannel Day is on February 10, and we’re here to help you celebrate the day in the best way possible. Did you know that it has been more than 400 years since flannel was first created? National Flannel Day is a day dedicated to one of the most popular pieces of fabric, flannels. Many people fancy flannel clothes and they come in different shapes, sizes, and styles.
Flannelpalooza was sponsored by Discover Wauwatosa and various vendors. The Village of Wauwatosa website described the event as follows:
Flannelpalooza is the perfect way to celebrate National Flannel Day—a full afternoon of winter activities, food, beverages, and vendors in the Village!
- Axe throwing
- Ice scuplture demonstration and photos
- “Best Groomed Beard” contest with Lit Beard
- “Best Dressed Dog” contest with Bentley’s Pet Stuff
Food and beverages:
- S’mores by Niemann’s Candies
- Beer on tap from Draft & Vessel
- Hot chocolate from Tabal Chocolate
- Walking cheese board from Village Cheese
A few photos? Of course!